The North Carolina region is home to a variety of rodents, including the Deer mouse, House mouse, White-footed mouse, Cotton rat, Norway rat, and Black rat. These pests can be difficult to control due to their biology and habits, which can lead to damage to your home or business.
Rats, mice, and other rodents are often attracted to homes in search of food, water, and warmth during cooler weather. They can contaminate food with their urine and feces. Rats are also common in dark areas such as attics or under porches where they build nests. Both species breed rapidly year-round, leading to high populations. Additionally, rodents are capable of squeezing through small spaces making it important to seal any holes or cracks in pipes or walls.
Call our Pittsboro rodent control team at (919) 967-1500 to get started!
- Droppings: One of the most common signs of a rodent infestation is droppings. Mice and rats leave small, dark pellets that can often be found in areas where they feed or nest.
- Gnaw marks: Rodents have teeth that never stop growing, which means they need to gnaw on things to keep them trimmed down. Look for gnaw marks on wires, wood, and other materials around your home.
- Tracks: You may notice small footprints in dusty areas such as the garage or attic. These tracks can help identify the type of rodent you are dealing with.
- Strange noises: Rats and mice are active at night and can make scratching or scurrying sounds as they move around your home.
- Damage to food packaging: Rodents will often chew through cardboard boxes and plastic bags to access food sources.
- Unusual pet behavior: If your pets suddenly start acting strange, such as pawing at walls or furniture, it could be a sign of a rodent infestation.
- Nests: Check for nests made from shredded paper, fabric, or other materials in hidden areas like attics, basements, or inside walls.
Do you have a potential rodent infestation on your hands? Call our Pittsboro team at (919) 967-1500 today for Professional solutions!
- Baiting: Rodenticides or baits can be used to attract rodents into areas where they can be caught or killed.
- Exclusion: A critical step in controlling a rodent infestation is identifying and sealing off any entry points that rats or mice may be using to gain access to your home.
- Sanitation: Keeping your home clean is an essential part of preventing rodent infestations. Professional pest control companies like Sawyer Termite & Pest Control recommend removing food sources, cleaning up clutter, and eliminating standing water around your property.
Sawyer Termite & Pest Control provides effective rodent control solutions to residential and commercial customers in Pittsboro and the surrounding areas. Our targeted rat and mouse control services are tailored to meet the specific needs of each client, with a focus on minimizing damage to homes and businesses. With years of experience in the industry, we’re committed to delivering reliable and efficient rodent control solutions that come at fair prices and exceed customer expectations.